Keysigning

Robin Mathew Rajan mail at robinmathewrajan.com
Tue Dec 2 11:53:34 CET 2014

Hello David, :)

I already uploaded my public key to a public key server some months ago. But there's no local Linux users group where I live! I sent emails to some people listed at biglumber.com with my Government issued ID card attached. But no reply came from them. :( Some of them are CACert Assurers!

If someone could sign my key over video conferencing, that would be very much helpful to me. Yes, I know it's much less trusted than actual person-person meetups in real world. But at the same time, it offers an easy solution for someone living in a very remote area. And it's also particularly helpful if he/she can't afford travel expenses to get keys signed. I think it's just like performance vs. security in cryptography. Signing someone's key through video conferencing is less secure but at the same time it's an effective solution for remote areas. I think key signing through video conferencing, might help in reducing 'crypto divide' (like that in 'digital divide'). :)

Regards,
Robin Mathew Rajan
https://www.robinmathewrajan.com/