Mainkey with many subkeys??

Tomo Ruby tomofr at web.de
Sun Dec 7 22:38:03 CET 2014

On 12/07/2014 10:16 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> On 12/07/2014 10:11 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
>
>> Why do you believe that you will be creating and revoking so many
>> subkeys?
>
> ...expiration of encryption subkeys
> and key rotation.

Hey, thanks for the answers so far! The most important reason for creating and revoking subkeys would indeed be the expiration of used ones. I know I could just set a new expiration date but most times it's recommended to use a key for two years at the longest.

So if I start counting I end up like this: One subkey for authentication, one for signing and one for encryption. This makes three new keys every two years...