Unattended subkey generation

Salih Kardan kardan38 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 08:52:15 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to generate sub-keys without user interaction?
I found this Unattended-GPG-key-generation
<https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/Unattended-GPG-key-generation.html>
article, but currently it allows just one subkey while generating key pair.
What I want is a little bit different: I want to generate just sub-keys
without user interaction.

Last week in a mailing list post I saw the below command to change
passphrase without user interaction:

*`ECHO -e PASSWD\nMyOldPassword\nMyNewPassword\nSAVE|GPG --command-fd 0
--no-tty --passphrase-repeat 0 --status-fd 2 --verbose --edit-key E62651B3`*
Can I apply same approach while generation sub-keys? If yes could you
please provide me some sample ?
Thanks,
Salih