"key algorithm" in GnuPG's signature verification output

gnupgpacker gnupgpacker at on.yourweb.de
Wed Dec 10 11:18:09 CET 2014

Hi Hugo,

I did make some test with your last post:
Outlook-incoming as Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; Format="flowed"

If signing “something” (your choice) and resending, signature is broken.

If signing „something“ and resending, signature is broken.
(Word-2010; incoming Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable)

If signing "something" and resending, signature works as expected.
(Standard for Outlook-2010, Thunderbird-31.3; incoming Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit)

Most used common keyboards are using SHIFT+2 for quotation marks. This results in above shown results, depending on charset and program used.
Your (German) keyboard seems to be a scientific one with some additional chars enabled:
http://is.gd/nkQQzK

My Outlook-2010 (and Thunderbird too) generates "something" by default, not “something” (your choice), or „something“.
Settings are set to "iso-8859-1", if new message is generated. If replying, incoming charset is used.

I didn't notice such a behavior before!?

Regards, Chris