Securing the future of GnuPG with BitCoin

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Dec 20 11:52:03 CET 2014

On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:02, kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com
said:

> This might have been added after your original post, but "If you like
> to donate Bitcoins you may use the Wau Holland Stiftung account too. ":
> https://www.wauland.de/en/donation.html#61 offers bitcoin

Right, I added it later to www.gnupg.org.  It was already mentioned in
the FSFE's press release but not everyone may have seen that.  As of
yesterday WHS received about 1000 mBTC for the GnuPG project.

There are two reasons why there is no direct bitcoin support:

I do not want to keep volatile Bitcoin assets in the g10 code books.  It
is too much work for a small company to maintain more than one currency.

Stripe.com has a closed beta for Bitcoin and I am waiting to make use of
that.  The alternative would be to a use another Bitcoin service
provider but I try to avoid that.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner