File Encryption

Gus Zernial gus_zernial at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 19 23:20:14 CET 2014

I'm a home user of Linux. I'm looking for an encryption utility for my personal password file, preferably one with a graphical user interface.

After initial encryption of the file with a master password, I'd like to be able to decrypt and display the cleartext file, using my master password, without destroying the underlying encrypted file. Accordingly, when I close the cleartext version it ceases to exist, leaving only the pre-existing encrypted file.

With what program and/or how can I do this?
Thx, Gus