Safe curves in gnupg?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Feb 18 20:13:46 CET 2014

On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 06:42, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> short version: it's under consideration and Werner has indicated active
> work on it.   No released version of gnupg has support for it yet though.

I am waiting for an RFC to specify some details but actually the code
form Ed25519 is already in the repo (although currently not anymore
working).  gpg will present a list of available ECC curves and I
reserved the first position for Curve25519 et al.  I am no sure whether
it will already be available in 2.1.0, though.

Those who do not want the NIST curves may in any case use the Brainpool
curves which are also supported and which supported by ECC for OpenPGP
(rfc-6637).

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner