ePGP extension for mobile

Edwin A. Opare aeopare at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 13:34:16 CET 2014

Olav, All:

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Kindly take a look at these lines from http://www.egpg.org/?page=About:

   - eGPG utilizes a centralized GnuPG <http://www.gnupg.org/> installation
   and key-ring for encrypting and decrypting files, not a new concept, but it
   eliminates the need for key-ring importation after the client installation
   in an enterprise environment, while increasing key security.

   - eGPG eliminates the security risk of the public exposure of the
   private key. Using the centralized key-ring the client and user only has
   access to the private key for decryption only. The private key sits on your
   locked and secure server, not on the user's machine.

Most of the email users in my buddy's environment receive and send emails
on phone as much as on PC. Since they are unable to import their *private
keys* to their mobile devices as the keys are centrally managed and locked
on a server etc, how then do they *decrypt* *encrypted messages* they sent
earlier from PC to partners/colleagues/self on their mobile devices ? How
do they sign new emails they send from their mobile devices?

I hope I could get some help on these.

Many thanks

Best,

Edwin