keysigning: lsign and offline master key

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sun Jan 5 01:38:00 CET 2014

On 01/04/2014 04:41 PM, nb.linux wrote:
> - ...here I'm stuck, because (as I understand the lsign) I cannot export
> the signature...
>
> Is this right?
> How can I lsign a key and transfer the local signature from my air
> gapped system?
> Maybe by copying the keyring files between the systems?

You have at least two approaches available to you:

 0) --export-options export-local on your air-gapped system, combined
with --import-options import-local on your "regular" system.

 1) create a secret key that lives only on your "regular" system; give
it ultimate ownertrust, but never publish it.  Use it to make
non-exportable signatures.

Would either of these workflows meet your goals?

	--dkg