sign encrypted emails

Sun Jan 5 17:07:08 CET 2014

Am So 05.01.2014, 10:15:51 schrieb Robert J. Hansen:

> Your problem can be solved trivially by establishing a policy of,
> "Encrypted messages must contain a notification within the signed
> message body of who the message is encrypted for."

That is neither trivial nor reliable nor the best approach to deliver
this information.

> For many users this sort of policy is a good idea.  For the majority
> of users it's overkill.

Like verifying fingerprints? 8-)

> Why do you want a policy decision to be
> permanently enshrined in GnuPG's mechanism?

As I said in my first mail in this thread this isn't about changing
GnuPG at all because

a) this problem is one level above GnuPG

b) GnuPG already has all the capabilities necessary to do this.

As I also said the reason why I have asked this here is the availability
of people who can make useful comments on that (and are probably
interested in such general discussions).

Hauke
--
Crypto für alle: http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/fuer/unterstuetzer/
http://userbase.kde.org/Concepts/OpenPGP_Help_Spread