isolating the signature from encrypted data (was: sign encrypted emails)

Mon Jan 6 03:24:10 CET 2014

Am Mo 06.01.2014, 01:47:39 schrieb MFPA:

> Most "signed and encrypted" messages created with PGP or GnuPG have
> the two processes applied together - you do not normally decrypt a
> message and then see a signed message as the output.

That is correct. I am not aware of a possibility to get the data and the
signature from GnuPG. But that doesn't mean it's not possible. AFAIK
there is no difference in the signature in both cases. So it should be
easy to patch GnuPG in order to get this data (if there isn't another
OpenPGP implementation which offers this action).

Use both ways (one step, two steps) to sign and encrypt a file and have
a look at the result with gpg --list-packets.

http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2004-April/022352.html

Hauke
--
Crypto für alle: http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/fuer/unterstuetzer/