Looking for simple wrapper for symmetric key file encryption

Mr. Clif clif at eugeneweb.com
Sun Jan 19 22:48:17 CET 2014

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the comments. Yes the threat model is mostly the worry of
having old temp files or even the original cleartext files left behind
on the HD, or even worse having them backed up. ;-) At the very least I
want something that tries to protect me from stupid mistakes. Yep the
RAM disk idea was part of the solution I'm heading towards.

So do you or does anyone know of a nice front end that helps with that?
An example of behavior that doesn't seem helpful is that when I use GPA
to decrypt a file it defaults to saving it on the HD. I'm not trying to
knock GPA here but wouldn't it be better to display the contents in a
window? Well I realize that might be just what I want, and others have
use cases that it works fine for. ;-)

     Clif