Any way for two correspondents to set up gnupg within a few moments without having to become expert?

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Tue Jan 21 17:39:13 CET 2014

http://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg-devel/GPG-Esoteric-Options.html

> --default-preference-list

I've found http://www.debian-administration.org/users/dkg/weblog/48 to be a
reasonably sensible guide for setting stronger preferences. I also added
Twofish and Blowfish after AES256 and AES, respectively.

I've not heard of any issues with that setup, but your mileage may vary.