Analogien um das Prinzip von PGP zu erklären

Micha Rosenbaum micha at rosetree.de
Fri Jul 4 08:36:02 CEST 2014

On 03.07.2014 16:16, Werner Koch wrote:
> Signing is a very different thing than encryption.  It has nothing to do
> with encryption.  Using the terms decryption or encryption to describe
> signature creation and verification leads to confusion

I think the term «signing» leads to confusion, too. When I receive a
signed statement from a good friend, I have no chance to prove whether
he signed or not. And proving if something was added after he signed it
is even more difficult. But as far as I know this is all possible with
an OpenPGP signature.

So are there analogies that can easily explain what signing does?

--
PGP: 0x7694EB9B (http://rosetree.de/pgp)
http://www.email-nur-an-dich.de/