Analogien um das Prinzip von PGP zu erklären

Micha Rosenbaum micha at rosetree.de
Fri Jul 4 10:01:56 CEST 2014

On 04.07.2014 09:22, Martin Behrendt wrote:
>> So are there analogies that can easily explain what signing does?
>
> My first try (I think someone wrote something similar before, just
> slightly different context): I give you (everyone) a key, to a
> (pad)lock which only I can build. And I lock my message with that
> (pad)lock. If the key I gave you fits and opens the lock you know the
> message came from me.
>
> You just have to make clear that this lock doesn't prevent anyone from
> reading the message because everyone has the key to it.

You're right. That's hard to impart that the message will be readable to
everyone. Also it doesn't prevent anyone from changing the message
content after you send (and signed) it. I don't see, how you could do
this with your (pad)lock analogy.

    (I am answering to the list with permission from Martin,
     who said he hit the wrong button per mistake.)

--
PGP: 0x7694EB9B (http://rosetree.de/pgp)
http://www.email-nur-an-dich.de/