Fwd: [Enigmail] [ANN] Enigmail v1.7 available

John Clizbe John at enigmail.net
Sat Jul 19 15:29:44 CEST 2014

As there are many Enigmail users who read this list, but not [Enigmail], I'm
forwarding the announcement of the newest release of Enigmail, v1.7.
There are quite a few changes in this release.

As Patrick writes in the announcement:
> As usually, it will take up to two weeks until the version will be
> available from addons.mozilla.org.

Until then, Enigmail 1.7 may be obtained two ways:

1) From https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/enigmail/

Until the AMO staff finish their review, new versions will be available only
from Version History list ('View other versions' link below-right from the
Download button).

2) Visit the Enigmail project's download page and download from there.
https://www.enigmail.net/download/

Debian/Ubuntu users will need to wait until Enigmail 1.7 has been packaged for
your use.

There will no doubt be support questions. The BEST, and recommended, place to
address them is the Enigmail mailing list:
> enigmail-users mailing list
> enigmail-users at enigmail.net
> To unsubscribe or make changes to your subscription click here:

The list is moderated to reduce SPAM. Subscribe if you do not with to wait in
the moderation queue