Fwd: [Enigmail] [ANN] Enigmail v1.7 available
John at enigmail.net
Sat Jul 19 15:29:44 CEST 2014
As there are many Enigmail users who read this list, but not [Enigmail], I'm
forwarding the announcement of the newest release of Enigmail, v1.7.
There are quite a few changes in this release.
As Patrick writes in the announcement:
> As usually, it will take up to two weeks until the version will be
> available from addons.mozilla.org.
Until then, Enigmail 1.7 may be obtained two ways:
1) From https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/enigmail/
Until the AMO staff finish their review, new versions will be available only
from Version History list ('View other versions' link below-right from the
2) Visit the Enigmail project's download page and download from there.
Debian/Ubuntu users will need to wait until Enigmail 1.7 has been packaged for
There will no doubt be support questions. The BEST, and recommended, place to
address them is the Enigmail mailing list:
> enigmail-users mailing list
> enigmail-users at enigmail.net
> To unsubscribe or make changes to your subscription click here:
The list is moderated to reduce SPAM. Subscribe if you do not with to wait in
the moderation queue
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Enigmail] [ANN] Enigmail v1.7 available
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 18:20:56 +0200
From: Patrick Brunschwig <patrick at enigmail.net>
Reply-To: Enigmail user discussion list <enigmail-users at enigmail.net>
To: Enigmail user discussion list <enigmail-users at enigmail.net>
I'm happy to announce the availability of Enigmail v1.7 for
Thunderbird 24 - 31, and SeaMonkey 2.20 and newer.
This version brings many new features (special thanks to Nico
Josuttis!) plus a lot bug fixes. Furthermore, this version ensures
compatibility with the upcoming releases of Thunderbird and SeaMonkey.
* New "convenience" mode for sending mails
* Automatic encryption if all keys are known
* More intuitive view of encryption/signing states in icons and menus
* Possibility to filter in the key selection dialog
* Better selection options for importing keys from address book
* Menu items and labels were changed from "OpenPGP" to "Enigmail"
* Better algorithm for selecting best key for an email address
* More fine-grained options for displaying dialog before message sending
* Better fault tolerance at many places
* Some support for PGP/MIME mails deformed by Exchange servers
Enigmail can be downloaded from
The changelog is available from
As usually, it will take up to two weeks until the version will be
available from addons.mozilla.org.
enigmail-users mailing list
enigmail-users at enigmail.net
To unsubscribe or make changes to your subscription click here:
More information about the Gnupg-users