GnuPG 2.1 exporting secret keys

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jun 9 19:26:04 CEST 2014

On Mon,  9 Jun 2014 15:43, martijn.list at gmail.com said:

> -beta704
>
> Since this part is a recent addition to autogen.sh could it be that
> there is a problem with the new code in relation to the current tags?

No.  The problem was the following.  Back when I introduced the new beta
numbering code we already had a release tag for the 2.0 series.  Thus
the original match worked correct.  However, the 2.1 has never seen a
2.1.x annotated tag and thus the git-describe looked for some other
value.  To fix that I introduced the "gnupg-2.1-base" base tag which
gives the start point for beta numbering for a new release series.  This
was more shell code that would fit easily into M4 macros and thus I
factored it out to autogen.sh.  Another advantage is that autogen.sh is
meanwhile shared by all gnupg related code and thus future changes to
the beta release numbering will be more easy.

Thanks for the test data you sent.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner