adele

John Clizbe John at enigmail.net
Wed Jun 11 22:43:17 CEST 2014

Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>>> Is there a source code or a recipe available somewhere? Is it written in
>>
>> Not that I know.
>
> I believe John Clizbe has a copy of the Adele source code.

I still have the copy from when the Enigmail team translated to message file
from German to English six+ years ago. One file is all that needs translated
to any new language. It should be fairly easy to implement a polyglot Adele
site.  adele_de.pas is ISO-8859. adele_en.pas is ASCII. IMO, I think they and
future work should probably be UTF-8/16.

Copyright is to G-N-U.de. License (on what I have) is GPL 2.

The source language is Pascal, specifically Gnu Pascal. The requirements from
the INSTALL file are:
  - GPC 2.1
  - librx
  - GnuPG 1.0.6
  - GPGME 0.3.4
  - MySQL 3.23.25
  - any standard MTA (syntax below given for exim)
  - cron

I have not tried building it with fpc.

When we did the translation work, I tested it against gpgme 0.3.15 and gnupg
1.4.8. The gpgme Pascal bindings need to be updated to work with the current
version. This will probably also require some updating in the main program unit.

-John

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net