Compiling GnuPG for Windows

Dr. Vesselin Bontchev vbontchev at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 10:26:31 CEST 2014

Thank you, guys, for your input.

Apparently, GnuPG is not suitable for use in my environment. (And not just because I am unable to compile it on my machine. Bugs, annoyances, wrong documentation, incompatibilities...) I already wasted three weeks trying to make it work according to my needs and it is time to admit to myself that it is just not going to happen.

I guess I'm stuck with PGP for now. Too bad that it no longer works on 64-bit Windows, so I am forced to run in on an emulated WinXP machine, which is a major inconvenience. :-(

Or I might try to compile a 32-bit version of PGP... Way back when I was involved in the development, we made sure that the sources compiled and ran correctly on pretty much everything (even VAX/VMS!), so it ought not to be a huge problem.

Regards,
Vesselin