Size of client key jumped from 2KB to 25KB

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Mon Mar 10 22:40:25 CET 2014

A short reply, because this is not the time.

> Johan Wevers <johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl <mailto:johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl>>
>> Perhaps it collected a lot of signatures?
>
> I would not have said so, but you are right.

I wouldn't have said so either, because as I understand it, you are generating
the key, so it does not have any signatures from others yet.

> :signature packet: algo 1, keyid E497A900BC02EE05
>         version 4, created 1392850339, md5len 0, sigclass 0x13
>         digest algo 2, begin of digest 15 d2
>         hashed subpkt 2 len 4 (sig created 2014-02-19)
>         hashed subpkt 27 len 1 (key flags: 2F)
>         hashed subpkt 11 len 5 (pref-sym-algos: 9 8 7 3 2)
>         hashed subpkt 21 len 3 (pref-hash-algos: 2 8 3)
>         hashed subpkt 22 len 3 (pref-zip-algos: 2 3 1)
>         hashed subpkt 30 len 1 (features: 01)
>         hashed subpkt 23 len 1 (key server preferences: 80)
>         subpkt 16 len 8 (issuer key ID E497A900BC02EE05)
>         data: [2040 bits]

This is a self-signature, a signature made by the key itself. I'm fairly sure
Johan was talking about signatures from other people.

Perhaps it created a whole bunch of self-signatures?

Could you still send me the overlong key and one that has been "correctly"
generated? I'm curious if we can figure out what it was. That's all it is to me,
a hobby :).

HTH,

Peter.