Resetting an OpenPGP smart card "bricks" it

Chris Boot bootc at bootc.net
Wed Mar 12 16:40:07 CET 2014

On 12/03/14 13:54, Werner Koch wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 18:20, bootc at bootc.net said:
>>> scd serialno undefined
>> ERR 100663356 Not supported <SCD>
>
>> This is running GnuPG 2.0.22.
>
> Oops.  I am sorry, this is not implemented in 2.0.  I am using 2.1 for
> so long now that I didn't remember that "undefined" only works in master.
>
> pcsclite should have tool to send APDUs to a card.  My old gscutils card
> tools have been replaced by scdaemon's APDU command.  You may find them
> somewhere but using the tools from pcsc should be easier.
>
> Maybe useful to backport the changes.

Hi Werner,

I tried using 'scriptor' to send "00 44 00 00" to the card, but the card
refused that too. Not being a Smart Card expert, I really don't know
what else I should try to send to the card to get meaningful replies
from it.

  $ scriptor
  No reader given: using Gemalto USB Shell Token V2 (2BAA4AC2) 00 00
  Using T=1 protocol
  Reading commands from STDIN
  00 44 00 00
  > 00 44 00 00
  < 6A 88 : Wrong parameter(s) P1-P2. Referenced data not found.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Boot