Multiple Subkey Pairs

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Mar 18 09:28:25 CET 2014

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 19:49, martin-gnupg-users at dkyb.de said:

> think. Because your world seems to be the more righteous and calm place
> and I wish I didn't have to worry about the future of free societies as

I can't read that from Robert's mails.  IIRC, the main point here was
that traffic analysis is a much more powerful tool than wholesale
content analysis.  I am not able to decide this but from all what I know
the former has a incredible better cost-benefit ratio.  Rumors are the
NSA employs some mathematicians so that they might be able to do their
arithmetic.

This does not mean I neglect that mail and other content is regularly
scanned to find possible targets and what do I know.  Actually we now
that Google does this as well as Microsoft for Skype chats.

Given that keeping content secret is way easier than mitigating traffic
analysis, we need to be excellent in this craft before we are able to
widely deploy traffic analysis countermeasures.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

p.s.
Remember ENRON?  You may use all their internal mails to play which
traffic analysis tools <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enron_Corpus>.
IIRC, there was even a website to view the connection graphs
(enronscope?).