Access to www.gnupg.org only via TLS

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat May 3 03:24:55 CEST 2014

> To somebody who simply contacted the supplier of a "free" service to
> instruct them to cancel the free service, it is quite a substantial
> unexpected bill: to many people, choosing to pay it may equate to
> choosing not to eat for two or three days.

I find it unlikely someone who has the financial means to keep a server
provisioned will be left unable to eat for two or three days over a
$25.90 fee.  Inconvenienced, sure, but that inconvenience is the result
of improper planning on their part.

Further, you are not asking StartSSL to "cancel the free service."  This
isn't about asking StartSSL to stop doing something: this is about
asking them to *do something new* -- generate a revocation certificate
and ensure it gets propagated to all the certificate revocation lists.
That's nontrivial.