gnupg smartcard on boot for LUKS on sid debian howto ?

tux.tsndcb at free.fr tux.tsndcb at free.fr
Sun May 18 22:25:33 CEST 2014

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your answer

----- Mail original -----
De: "Peter Lebbing" <peter at digitalbrains.com>
À: "tux tsndcb" <tux.tsndcb at free.fr>
Cc: gnupg-users at gnupg.org
Envoyé: Dimanche 18 Mai 2014 22:04:18
Objet: Re: gnupg smartcard on boot for LUKS on sid debian howto ?

On 18/05/14 18:51, tux.tsndcb at free.fr wrote:
> I need to check to use gnupg_ccid instead pcsc on your script

pcscd is not installed in the initramfs :). So your reader should be
supported by the internal driver of GnuPG for it to work.

Yes it is support by gnupg_ccid driver

You might have noticed you can optionally put a gpg.conf in /etc/keys
(or wherever your key is) and it will be copied and used in the initramfs.

I will test with it

PS : I've done new tests with update-initramfs -u -vv -k all to have verbose generated initramfs, but I see no /etc/keys/secring.gpg or /etc/keys/cryptkey.gpg, is it normal ?
but I see well : Calling hook cryptgnupg_sc and Calling hook cryptgnupg_sc

Best Regards.