gnupg smartcard on boot for LUKS on sid debian howto ?

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sun May 18 22:31:20 CEST 2014

On 18/05/14 22:25, tux.tsndcb at free.fr wrote:
> PS : I've done new tests with update-initramfs -u -vv -k all to have
> verbose generated initramfs, but I see no /etc/keys/secring.gpg or
> /etc/keys/cryptkey.gpg, is it normal ? but I see well : Calling hook
> cryptgnupg_sc and Calling hook cryptgnupg_sc

No, that means something is wrong. It will always call the hook, even
when you don't use encrypted volumes at all. But when the hook
determines it has nothing to do, it will exit without any messages. So
apparently the hook thinks you don't need it to do anything. That's bad,
mm'kay.

HTH,

Peter.

PS: Yeah, scripts don't think. I think. I /hope/. I kill those things
sometimes.