fulldisc encryption

Mark Rousell markr at signal100.com
Sat May 31 08:35:07 CEST 2014

Whoops, I apologise. It should have been https://diskcryptor.net

>    FreeOTFE seems to be available for windows, and it is compatible
> with LUKS and dm-crypt, but it is only available at sourceforge, since
> the website seems to only show advertisement.

Last time I looked FreeOTFE had not been updated since 2010, so it's
even older than the latest working version of TrueCrypt. Unlike
TrueCrypt, its device driver is not signed so it won't run on Windows
Vista x64 or later without the OS being put in test signing mode.

All that said, Free OTFE might be a good basis on which to continue
development if the licence terms of TrueCrypt 7.1a turn out to be too
restrictive to allow a successful fork.

> Sigh, I'm glad I don't
> need a bullet-proof disk encryption tool right now, so I can wait
> until things become more clear.

As far as anyone can tell at the moment, TrueCrypt 7.1a is safe and
reliable.

The messages on the TrueCrypt Sourceforge website simply should not be
taken seriously in my opinion. They are so bizarre as to be of no sense,
whereas TrueCrypt has a long history of effective use.

--
Mark Rousell

PGP public key: http://www.signal100.com/markr/pgp
Key ID: C9C5C162