fulldisc encryption

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Sat May 31 09:42:36 CEST 2014

On 31-05-2014 8:35, Mark Rousell wrote:

> All that said, Free OTFE might be a good basis on which to continue
> development if the licence terms of TrueCrypt 7.1a turn out to be too
> restrictive to allow a successful fork.

I think it is reasonbably safe to simply ignore the TC license and just
fork it. Distribute the forked version without any license whatsoever.
Given the secretive nature of the author, he should, for a start, first
have to prove he is the author if he wanted to sue you.

2 possible reasons for this action seem likely to me: personal reasons
(he's tired of the project) or a gag order. In both cases the author is
unlikely to sue.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers