Make step fails for gnupg

Rex Kneisley rex.k at icloud.com
Mon Nov 3 17:52:34 CET 2014

Hello team,

I'm sorry to bother you with a newbie question.
I have been trying to install gnupg 2.0.26 all morning.
I have verified the installer with gnupg 1.4.12 which was reinstalled on my new version of Debian (7.7.0).
 I have installed the following libraries
Libgpg-error-1.17
Libgcrypt-1.6.2
Licksa-1.3.1
Libassuan-2.1.2

However when  I try to use the make command for Gnupg, (after ./configure), I always get an error message:
../../g10/gpg2: error while loading shared libraries: libgcrypt.so.20: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory.

I have tried adding a gpg2.conf file to folder etc/ld.so.conf.d with the single line:
/user/local/lib

However, I continue to get the error message during "make"

I may not have installed the libraries in the correct order I have tried re-installing them countless times in the correct order. Do I need to uninstall all of the libraries an re-install clean?

Sincerely,

Rex Kneisley

Sent from my iPad