Help needed to setup Passphrase with GNUPG 2.0.26 on Solaris 10

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Nov 5 21:11:26 CET 2014

On 05/11/14 20:52, SubramaniaRao, ravikumar wrote:
> Thank for your Input.  Please help me where I will get the tar File for
> Qt pinentry, so that I can install it. If QT Pinetry is not required,

Is it perhaps possible that you only notice the contributions to this
thread that are explicitly mailed to you, as opposed to the ones that
are only addressed to the mailing list?

Because there are several contributions on the mailing list that you
don't seem to notice. I'm talking specifically about the suggestion by
Robert J. Hansen that it seems that you might be much better served by
GnuPG 1.4.

I really suggest you look at that, perhaps returning to the mailing list
if there are any further issues.

As an aside, a pinentry for Qt is of no use when you use PuTTY to
connect to the server, unless you have a very specific setup. I think
you would need an X server running on your Windows machine to get that
working. I used to have that a long, long time ago. It was quite a
hassle to set up and frequently needed a good kicking to keep chugging
along ;). It was not a well-oiled machine at all.

HTH,

Peter.