The Facts:

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Sat Nov 15 18:16:43 CET 2014

On 15/11/14 17:00, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
> On 15.11.14 12:52, david at gbenet.com wrote:
>> The steps I have taken to move my /.gnupg folder
>>
>> Background:
>>
>> I have two laptops (1) a 32 bit LXD laptop-1 (2) a 64 bit LXD
>> laptop-2 one mouse and one WD 1.0 TB (1,000,202,043,392 bytes)
>> external drive that plugs into the USB port of either laptop-1 or
>> laptop-2 = david at laptop-1:/media/store$.
>>
>> Laptop-1 and laptop-2 are a mirror image of each. They contain the
>> same software. I copied programmes like Thunderbird Firefox from
>> laptop-1 to laptop-2 without any problems.
>
> Why don't you simply do this:
>
> 1. on your old laptop:
>
> tar zcf gnupg-backup.tgz $HOME/.gnupg
>

> 2. Copy the resulting file "gnupg-backup.tgz" to your new laptop
>

> 3. on your new laptop:
>
> tar zxf gnupg-backup.tgz
>

> -Patrick

Patric,

I did that. But now I have half resolved the issue. The error only appears on a 64 bit gpg2
system - I removed all refs in Enigmail to gpg2 - now the only error message I get is "bad
passphrase."

I recall having a 64 bit Fedora O/S and experiencing the same kind of problems about 4 years
ago.

Now my only problem is I can not change the passphrase GPA Kleopatra KGpg or from the
terminal. So am going to un-install gpg2 - I hope that fixes the problems.

David

--
“See the sanity of the man! No gods, no angels, no demons, no body. Nothing of the
kind.Stern, sane,every brain-cell perfect and complete even at the moment of death. No