Pros and cons of PGP/MIME for outgoing e-mail?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sun Nov 23 16:09:30 CET 2014

> As folks on this list have been using GPG in the real world longer than
> most, I would very much appreciate your feedback, experience and
> opinions.

This subject tends to get a lot of very passionate opinions on both
sides.  The FAQ covers both:

https://www.gnupg.org/faq/gnupg-faq.html#use_pgpmime

(ObDisclosure: I wrote this entry.)

Until such time as the SMTP ecosystem improves and no longer mangles a
significant fraction of PGP/MIME traffic, I think inline should be
preferred where feasible.  That's just my own opinion, though: take it
for what it's worth.