Setpref is not working or is it a bug or something?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Nov 26 14:31:13 CET 2014

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 12:14, gnupgpack at on.yourweb.de said:

> I am working with GnuPG-Pack, which includes extended gpg-1.4.18.

Sorry, I don't known GnuPG-Pack.

> s2k-count 1000000

Better use GnuPG-2 which uses a values suitable for the machines on
which you generated the key or change the passphrase. (i.e. 100ms)

> s2k-digest-algo SHA256
> s2k-cipher-algo AES256

Why?  I doubt that those who suggest that have a lot of experience in
selecting algorithms.

> cert-digest-algo SHA256

Okay, if you feel that your old GnuPG version benefits from this.

> digest-algo SHA256

May break compatibility because it overrides the preference system.

> personal-cipher-preferences AES256 TWOFISH AES192 AES CAST5
> personal-digest-preferences SHA512 SHA384 SHA256 SHA224
> personal-compress-preferences ZLIB BZIP2 ZIP

Do what ever you like here.  But why preferring ZLIB over BZIP2?

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner