[Announce] The maybe final Beta for GnuPG 2.1

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Oct 15 13:00:52 CEST 2014

On 04/10/14 00:28, Pete Stephenson wrote:
> To my untrained, non-developer[1] eye, there appears to be several
> things that failed though I'm not sure how to interpret things
> correctly. The full config log is ~250kB. I've posted it to a Pastebin
> at http://pastebin.com/xZjzsZju if that would help.

Wow, that is one verbose log. I started reading from the top, but
switched to reading from the bottom up, which is more useful for
configure logs. I didn't expect it to be quite that long at first.

Near the end, there's this bit:

-------------------8<---------------->8-------------------
***
*** The Dirmngr part requires an LDAP library
*** Check out
***    http://www.openldap.org
*** for a suitable implementation.
***
configure:16877: error:
***
*** Required libraries not found. Please consult the above messages
*** and install them before running configure again.
***
-------------------8<---------------->8-------------------

Note how it says to consult the above messages. You should not interpret
this as all lines up to that bit, but rather the bits that immediately
precede that final message.

I don't see any other showstoppers. It is normal that a lot of tests
"fail". For instance, it's not really realistic to expect the file
ac_nonexistent.h to exist; it's all just part of the tests.

The format of the message above made me look for three consecutive stars
in the output, which only turned up the one you mentioned:

-------------------8<---------------->8-------------------
***
*** Building without NTBTLS and GNUTLS - no TLS access to keyservers.
***
*** Requested 'gnutls >= 3.0' but version of GnuTLS is 2.12.23
*** You may find new versions of GnuTLS at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/
***

HTH,

Peter.