[Announce] The maybe final Beta for GnuPG 2.1

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Wed Oct 15 14:54:46 CEST 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Peter Lebbing <peter at digitalbrains.com> wrote:
> On 04/10/14 00:28, Pete Stephenson wrote:
>> To my untrained, non-developer[1] eye, there appears to be several
>> things that failed though I'm not sure how to interpret things
>> correctly. The full config log is ~250kB. I've posted it to a Pastebin
>> at http://pastebin.com/xZjzsZju if that would help.
>
> Wow, that is one verbose log. I started reading from the top, but
> switched to reading from the bottom up, which is more useful for
> configure logs. I didn't expect it to be quite that long at first.

Indeed.

> Near the end, there's this bit:
>
> -------------------8<---------------->8-------------------
> ***
> *** The Dirmngr part requires an LDAP library
> *** Check out
> ***    http://www.openldap.org
> *** for a suitable implementation.
> ***
> configure:16877: error:
> ***
> *** Required libraries not found. Please consult the above messages
> *** and install them before running configure again.
> ***
> -------------------8<---------------->8-------------------
>
> Note how it says to consult the above messages. You should not interpret
> this as all lines up to that bit, but rather the bits that immediately
> precede that final message.
>
> I don't see any other showstoppers. It is normal that a lot of tests
> "fail". For instance, it's not really realistic to expect the file
> ac_nonexistent.h to exist; it's all just part of the tests.
>
> The format of the message above made me look for three consecutive stars
> in the output, which only turned up the one you mentioned:

Thanks!

Success! Installing the libldap2-dev package resolves the issue and
the build process completes with no other errors.

When I add PLAY/inst/bin/ to my path and PLAY/inst/lib/ to the list of
shared libraries, everything works as expected.

Many thanks for your help and patience.

Cheers!
-Pete

--