Libcrypt examples?

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Oct 17 05:48:26 CEST 2014

In message <E78B92D1-0609-4080-AF7B-FBF81889CC25 at sumptuouscapital.com>,
Kristian fiskerstrand <kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com> wrote:

>>> - From where do I take the key?
>>
>> The key will be embedded in the compiled binary of the program I'm building.
>
>This would be easily extracted and only offer limited protection

As stated in my other replies:  Yes, I know.

P.S.  Whereas at the outset of this thread, with all due and proper
modesty, I disclaimed deep knowledge of most things crypto, I am not
entirely unfamiliar with the tools, including gdb, that are available
for dissecting compiled code.  Indeed, once upon a time I worked on
such tools professionally.