Libcrypt examples?

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 18 16:03:58 CEST 2014

Initialization vector: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initialization_vector

> and as regards to the "mode", I think that I specified in my
> original post that symmetric key would be just fine for my purposes.

Yes, but you can use (most) symmetric blockciphers in different modes. I
suggest you read
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_cipher_mode_of_operation for a
general introduction.

I'm not claiming to have expert knowledge on these subjects but at least
I have some impressions where I lack on knowledge to implement things.

--
ir. J.C.A. Wevers