smart card under linux

Philip Jackson philip.jackson at nordnet.fr
Wed Oct 22 15:24:05 CEST 2014

On 22/10/14 09:34, Jens Lechtenboerger wrote:
> On 2014-10-21, Philip Jackson wrote:
>
>> It then treats the other protocol, PC/SC, but all it says is "TODO
>> - To use PC/SC make sure you disable CCID by passing the
>> --disable-ccid option to GnuPG."
>>
>> From this I assumed that CCID was perhaps either preferred / more
>> important / more useful / or more modern so I didn't touch
>> anything about PCSC and this means that pcscd is not running on my
>> system.
>
> Did you really verify that pcscd is not running?  It can cause your
> error messages: https://blogs.fsfe.org/jens.lechtenboerger/?p=89

Jens -

Yes - I checked every time and there is no pcsc process running at all.
gpg-agent runs ok and it starts scdaemon when I try gpg2 --card-status so my
difficulty lies with reading the card.

(the card and reader are good because I can access them with the card-status
command in Windows7 using gpg4win)

Thankyou for the link to your blog.  I'll get back into it a bit later when I've
more time.

Philip