smart card under linux

Philip Jackson philip.jackson at nordnet.fr
Wed Oct 22 21:36:34 CEST 2014

On 22/10/14 09:34, Jens Lechtenboerger wrote:
> On 2014-10-21, Philip Jackson wrote:
>
> Did you really verify that pcscd is not running?  It can cause your
> error messages: https://blogs.fsfe.org/jens.lechtenboerger/?p=89

Your blog provides a lot of good stuff that I shall use when I get round to
populating the card.

The link to the card reader setup (udev) howto,

https://wiki.fsfe.org/Card_howtos/Card_reader_setup_%28udev%29

which I came upon reading your blog and following the links, contains
essentially the same stuff I found on the gnupg.org howto.  I had already tried
the downloads of the two files gnupg-ccid.rules and gnupg-ccid script and the
associated instructions for placing them.  This did not work for me.

Peter L provided something similar in many respects but different in others and
this did work for me with gnupg 1.4.16  but not yet for gnupg2 2.0.26.

So I am still trying to get gpg2 to work.

Regards,
Philip