Difference between clearsign and detached signatures?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Sep 1 08:21:41 CEST 2014

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 18:03, gnupg at iam.tj said:

> to see how to do is set the keyring file to use. There doesn't appear to be
> any function that provides for setting an existing key ring; the best I could
> find is gpgme_op_import_keys() which talks about:

The keyring is an internal propery of GnuPG and thus we can't provide an
API in GPGME.  What we do instead is to allow swicthing GnuPG's home
directory via gpgme_set_engine_info.

> In my scenario I simply need to tell the crypto engine to use the "/etc/apt/trusted.gpg"

Do you want to use gpgme as a API for gpgv ?  It might be useful to
consider a new gpgme_protocol for verifying keys using a redefined set
of keys.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner