Smart Card 4096 Key Question

Philip Jackson philip.jackson at nordnet.fr
Mon Sep 1 16:18:32 CEST 2014

On 01/09/14 08:16, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 23:27, tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net said:
>
>> Yes the card can have a 4096bit Auth, Sign and Encryption key. You have
>
> Correct.
>
>> to generate them on a machine though, not on card.
>
> The cards generate them just fine.
>
> Note that this is only true for the ZeitControl as currenty distributed.
> Thus the warning note you see if you use a different key size than 2048
> bit.

I tried to buy an SCT3512 usb key device from Amazon.de and also from SCM in
Germany.  Neither will ship to an address outside Germany'

I tried the shop at kernelconcepts.de for the card but I can't get into their
website with Firefox under linux nor under windows - I just get a weird error page :

"Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in
/var/www/osc/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 318"

It looks like security is alive and doing well in Germany.  I though we had
something going for us in Europe these days but apparently not.

Can anyone suggest a supplier in Europe who will sell outside his frontier ?

Philip