passphrase recovery

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Fri Sep 5 11:14:53 CEST 2014

On 05/09/14 00:13, Parker Boxell wrote:
> Hello, I am contacting you because I need help recovering my
> passphrase. is there any way to accomplish this? Basically my laptop
> screen broke now and I need to decrypt my word file that has my
> product keys but I cannot remember for the life of me what it is and
> have spent countless tries on the two phrases i think it is, and I am
> unable to change my passphrase due to the fact I no longer know it.
> here are my details.
>
> User Name:Parker Kane Boxell <parker131992 at gmail.com
> <mailto:parker131992 at gmail.com>>
> Key ID 5E2A6915
> Fingerprint 6887 7FCA 1BCB 8851 1A66 26CA 7C98 3024 5E2A 6915
> Expires at: never expires
> owner trust: ultimate
> kay validity: fully valid
> key type: RSA-2048 bits
> Created at: 2014-06-02

The whole point of using crypto is, to make it virtually impossible to
retrieve your password for your key.
Unless you can think of a keyword or something else that made up your
pin/password, I would say it is virtually impossible, unless you made a
fundamental mistake, such as using a very short password.

Regards,

Tristan

--

Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org