Automated Batch Subkey Creation

Sat Sep 13 16:38:23 CEST 2014

Am Sa 13.09.2014, 16:20:42 schrieb Werner Koch:
> > Try this (shell code, bash):
> That is of course version and configure option specific because it
> uses canned commands.  If it works for you, fine but you should be
> aware of that restriction.

Since more or less the first version of the script there is this line:

# TODO:
[...]
#       - status-fd/command-fd driver handler (statt echo
addkey$'\n'...)

;-)

> Now, is adding a subkey a regular business of gpg users?

That's not the point here. The question is: Is adding subkeys in batch
mode regular business?

I have pointed askers here once or twice to my script. How many may be
out there if it's asked once every six months? I have no idea.

> If we can
> assume that it is used as often as --export-secret-subkeys, I am
> willing to add a --quick-gen-subkey command for 2.1.

This is not about subkeys only. Maybe the former questions referred to
UIDs. It might be easier and a suitable solution to either provide a
script with GnuPG which does that (both for subkeys and for UIDs) or put
some example code in the man page (like there is already shell code in
the gpg-agent man page) or the DETAILS file.

If you have not written such a script yet: I have to do that anyway.

Hauke
--
Crypto für alle: http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/fuer/unterstuetzer/
http://userbase.kde.org/Concepts/OpenPGP_Help_Spread