encrypting to expired certificates

Martin Behrendt martin-gnupg-users at dkyb.de
Tue Sep 16 17:44:10 CEST 2014

Am 16.09.2014 um 16:41 schrieb Werner Koch:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:52, martin-gnupg-users at dkyb.de said:
>
>> In Germany on food products you will find the word "Expiration Date"
>> which literally means: "Don't eat me after that date." But there is a
>
> Actually you find "mindestens haltbar bis DATE" which literally means
> "at least stable/durable until DATE".  It is the guarantee promise from
> the vendor.  Which would actually support Hauke.
>
> To put this discussion to an end, he may simply do a jump to the left
> and put the option --faked-system-time ISODATESTRING on his command
> line.

Ups, yea you are right, my bad. But that doesn't change my point, that
"expiration date" is something else than "best before" or "best used
until". So if an enforced "expiration date" does not make sense, I would
prefer to rename it to any of the other options and than allow sending
encrypted messages to these keys. Until than you're solution should
work, too. :)