help: state machine is DEAD. Reset the card first.

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Sep 24 09:09:01 CEST 2014

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 20:57, pmlopes at gmail.com said:
> I just reseted the card, i will load the keys again and see how it goes, btw i am using 2.0.22, is that too old?

If you want to use pcscd you will likely run into problems with larger
certificates. 2.0.22 is indeed a bit old but I can't say that for sure
because all distros apply important patches so that your 2.0.22 may not
be identically with the upstream 2.0.22.

> My main issue with this is that everything has been working fine until
> i imported de certificate, now even gpg agent fails to do ssh
> authentication, which has been working fine for months...

That is indeed strange.

> If i reset the card, does it tottaly wipe it? So if i just copy the 3 keys back it will work as before?

Yes.  If you created the keys off-card and imported them to the card you
can do that again.  If the keys have been created on-card (default for
sign and ssh key) - they are lost.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner