New beta

Jens Lechtenboerger lechten at wi.uni-muenster.de
Wed Sep 24 17:56:35 CEST 2014

On 2014-09-23, Werner Koch wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 17:29, lechten at wi.uni-muenster.de said:
>
>>>   make -f build-aux/speedo.mk  native
>>
>> I get this:
>> autogen.sh: cross compiler kit not installed
>
> You seem to be building for Windows but I wonder how you did this given that
>
>  TARGETOS=native WHAT=release WITH_GUI=0 all
>
> TARGETOS is not w32.

This is what happens if I extract gnupg-2.1.0-beta834.tar.bz2 and
execute that command on Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS.

>> Wget fails in getswdb.sh.  A manual call shows two things:
>> First, the certificate’s Common Name »gnupg.org« does not match the
>> contacted host »www.gnupg.org«.
>
> That is strange.  gnupg.org and www.gnupg.org are both certified:
>
> May that be an old broen version of wget?

GNU Wget 1.12, (C) 2009.  If I change the urlbase in getswdb.sh to
https://gnupg.org/, that version works, though.

(The missing certificate was due to a configuration problem.)

>> Somehow, the trailing Carriage Returns (0x0d) at the end of the oids
>> in oidtranstbl.h confuse the compiler (gcc 4.4.3).  If I remove them,
>
> CR in a source file?  Are you building on Windows?

No, libksba-1.3.1 on Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS.  The file is created during
make by mkoidtbl.awk.  In my case, /etc/dumpasn1/dumpasn1.cfg is
used as input, which is DOS encoded.
Once make has failed:
$ grep $'\r"' tests/oidtranstbl.h | wc -l
1620

Best wishes
Jens