GPG 1.4.19 homedir Command

Clark Rivard CRivard at merkleinc.com
Mon Apr 6 21:37:46 CEST 2015

Hi

I am running GPG 1.4.19 and using the --homedir command and enclosing the home directory name in double-quotes to access a keyring folder that has an embedded space.

                --homedir  "\\folder\Key Ring"

I get errors from GPG stating

gpg: keyblock resource ' //folder/Key\secring.gpg : file open error
gpg: keyblock resource ' //folder/Key\pubring.gpg : file open error
usage: gpg [options] [filename]

Other commands like --output and --encrypt work just fine when enclosing path in double-quotes.  Am I doing something wrong or does GPG --homedir not accept double-quotes and thus embedded spaces in path name?

Thanks.