can not decrypt file suddenly

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Tue Apr 14 03:06:33 CEST 2015

On 04/14/2015 07:27 AM, jason zhang wrote:
> Any clue? Where should I start to investigate?
>
> I checked another encrypted file. I cloud not decrypt it, either.
> But I can encrypt /decrypt new file successfully.

Please let us know your configuration.  I think that it's
~/.gnupg/gpg.conf on Fedora.

> Today, I could not decrypt it suddenly.
> Here is what a decrypt session looks like
> /usr/local/bin/gpg j.gpg
> gpg: CAST5 encrypted data
> gpg: encrypted with 1 passphrase
> gpg: decryption failed: bad key

Please include the version output of gpg --version in your report.

Is it complete session log of yours?  I mean, GnuPG should ask you
passphrase here.

Possible case: If you enable gpg-agent by the configuration of
use-agent, passphrase handling (and others) is done by gpg-agent.  And
when your gpg-agent doesn't work and returns "", and it is failed and
caused "bad key" error.  If so, please try with --no-use-agent.  To
investigate what's going on with gpg-agent, please also let us know
the output of:

    $ echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO

Thanks,