Generating GnuPG S/MINE key pair

Dan Bryant dkbryant at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 04:22:39 CEST 2015

OK... I found some very old posts about this... don't know how much still holds.
  -- https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2011-June/026126.html

This guide says:
1. Convert rootCA.pem to rootCA.der
2. Place rootCA.der in dirmngr\trusted-certs
3. Ensure rootCA.der has revocation URL (??can disable??)
4. Add rootCA.der fingerprint to trustlist.txt
5. Restart dirmngr service and gpg-agent

Don't know... you think that will work?

BTW.. Here's the versions of the previously mentioned utilities:
- OpenSSL 1.0.2a 19 Mar 2015
- gpg-protect-tool (GnuPG) 2.0.27 (Gpg4win 2.2.4)
- gpgsm (GnuPG) 2.1.3