Card reader success report (openpgp card v2.1)

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Wed Aug 12 13:32:07 CEST 2015

On Tuesday, 11. August 2015 12:10:28 NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> > Three readers were tested:
> > - Cherry ST-2000
> > - SCM SPR332
> > - Reiner SCT cyberjack go plus
>
> I think that USB vendor ID and product ID are:
>
> 	Cherry ST-2000  046a:003e
>
> Please confirm that and please let me know IDs for those new products
> of SCM SPR332 and Reiner SCT cyberjack go plus.

here are the USB IDs from "lsusb":

0c4b:0504 Reiner SCT Kartensysteme GmbH cyberJack go / go plus
04e6:e003 SCM Microsystems, Inc. SPR532 PinPad SmartCard Reader
046a:003e Cherry GmbH SmartTerminal ST-2xxx

Funny that the SPR332 (that's the name on the backside of the reader)
announces itself as a "SPR532".

> That's because I maintain pages:
>
>     http://wiki.gnupg.org/CardReader/PinpadInput
>     https://wiki.debian.org/GnuPG/CCID_Driver
>
> ... along with the scdaemon implementation.

that page made me buy those specific readers :)
Chances were good they work fine with the openpgp card
and I really want the pinpad to work.

> Besides, if you can include information of your operating system and
> its version, it helps other users.

I tested it on Fedora 22 that ships gnupg 2.1.5. I manually upgraded
to gnupg 2.1.6 (recompiled the .rpm package with the updated source tarball)
to get the Cherry ST-2000 up and running. Later on I also tested git HEAD.

Thomas