question about gpg2 and passphrase

Smith, Cathy Cathy.Smith at pnnl.gov
Wed Dec 2 21:12:55 CET 2015

I need to be able to decrypt a file using gpg2 in batch.  I have a customer who requires us to provide a public  key that is  RSA 2048 bit.  I have RHEL6 available which provides gpg 2.0.14 to create the key pair.  However,  I’ve not been able to use gpg2 in batch to provide the passphrase to decrypt a file.  It wants an interactive prompt for the passphrase.  I’ve tried some things that I’ve read on-line without any success.    Is there a way to configure gpg2 to accept a passphrase in batch?

Thanks for your help.

Cathy
--
Cathy L. Smith